Dependence Jio has disrupted the telecom market since it introduced operations in September in 2015. It started offering free calls and ultra-low-cost 4G information to consumers throughout India. It also provides information and membership to apps at incredibly cost-effective rates as well as 100 complimentary SMSs to users. Thus, thousands of people switched to Jio. This article discusses how to port to Jio easily.
Benefits of porting
Instead of getting a brand-new number, you can opt for mobile number mobility (MNP) to move to the Dependence Jio network without altering your contact number. In July in 2015, DoT made it compulsory for telecom operators to present nationwide MNP, allowing users to keep their telephone number even if they switched providers or areas. The following are the benefits of porting your number:
- Get an unmatched 4Gnetwork with all the data rates worldwide.
- Get a wide range of Lyf devices at just about Rs.2,999.
- Access to various Jio services worth Rs.15000.
- Instant KYC using the eKYC feature on Aadhaar Card.
- Free-roaming calls to anywhere in India.
- No additional mobile charges.
- The simplest and the best tariff Jio plans.
- Receive an extra student discount.
- Get solutions for enterprises.
- Get the Jio platinum service which is the first of its kind.
How to port to Jio?
Changing numbers is really stressful as you have to update all your contacts with your new number. Transferring your number from either Idea, Airtel, or Vodafone to Jio is definitely much convenient. Here is the process on how to port to Jio.
- To port number to Jio, you just need to send “PORT”<10 digit mobile number> to 1900. Then, you will receive a unique porting number along with its expiry date.
- Now, you need to download the JIO App from the Appstore or Playstore and generate a JIO coupon code.
- Next, visit the nearest Jio Store or Reliance Digital/Dx Mini or Jio Retailer with your unique porting number. You must also take your JIO code along with your handset.
- Take your Aadhaar card number and activate your JIO SIM using the eKYC process.
- You have just successfully ported your SIM to JIO.
As soon as triggered, this SIM will utilize the very same phone number you currently had, and your old SIM will be shut down. The Reliance Jio SIM might use up to 7 days to activate, and a charge of Rs. 19 will be charged.
Once your present SIM begins revealing “No Service”, it’s most likely time to put in your new Reliance Jio SIM. Once ported, the Jio SIM should be triggered. Just remember you cannot utilize MNP to go back to your earlier operator for at least 90 days.
Within 7 working days, your present service will stop and insert the brand-new sim and charge with a strategy of your option and start talking, surfing the Internet.
Moving your phone number to a brand-new carrier would be rapid, however, due to the nature of the telecom facilities, it does take a little time. Nevertheless, doing the process is much convenient than updating all your contacts with another set of numbers.
We hope this article helps you with transferring your number to Jio. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.